Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mp Characters Not Saving

[:1]Hey, I looked around for other instances of this problem, but found none, so I thought I might bring it to everyones attention to see if anyone else had encountered it.



I recently purchased Space Siege off Steam. I am running it on Windows 7 64 bit and playing MP Co-op with a friend of mine who is also running the game on Windows 7 64 bit.



We played a good marathon round last night. We started the game up again today, but when we logged in, I noticed that (despite logging in to the same character, which at the time stated I had completed 3 missions) all of my talent points had been unspent, all of my upgrades were missing, and my character was back to the default state (as though I had just created him). My friend still had all of her upgrades and parts.



I tried a few things to see if I could fix it myself. Ran the game as administrator, made sure the save-game files were not read-only, etc. What was strange was when I checked the save game folder (root\users\username\My Documents\My Games\Space Siege\Save\Multiplayer) it retained the savegame for my character, but there were several other saves that looked like backups of the previous times I'd tried to get it work. Right now, I have a Jace.ss1mpsave file, but there are also other files named "Jace.ss1mpsave.ss1bak1" through "Jace.ss1mpsave.ss1bak6".



Does anyone have any suggestions?



Thanks in advanced.|||hum i think you may need to run gpgnet as admin and see what happens that the only think i can think off m8 atm|||That's a thought. I'm not sure, though. I forgot to mention that when we played, we used a direct IP connection. Her characters have saved, so I wasn't sure what to think on that one.



Thanks for the suggestion though. I appreciate it.|||direct ip will not save your charitor information if i am correct, you can use the gpgnet SS server to play online|||I'm not entirely sure about that. My friend's characters seem to retain their upgrades and their stat distributions. Mine appear to be the only ones effective.



I'll probably give GPGnet a try this evening and see if it clears things up.|||ask your friends did he create his car though gpgnet instead of direct ip i am sure gpgnet has something to do with it|||Huh, that's an interesting theory. Actually, I may have created my character via GPG. In that particular scenario, I believe that I would be considered the aggressor.



I shall test this theory post haste! Thank you, sir, for your input.



Post Haste Later:





No, unfortunately that didn't seem to make a difference. I tested a character that I made on GPGnet, and a chracter I made through the Direct IP console.



An interesting note, though, the character seems to remain unchanged as long as the session of Space Siege remains open. It only loses all of its distributed status and upgrades if I close down the game and start it up again (I make sure to hit a heal point so that it reads "Character Saved", and the first time it occurred I had completed three missions, so I don't think it's because of prematurely closing out the game). I quit by opening the menu, clicking "Quit Game", and then Exiting from the main menu.|||hum thanks for the info but it whould be saving if it does not save again delete the space seige "Save\MultiPlayer" folders and start again it might be that it got stored wrong in some way|||If the above doesn't work, I suggest a reinstall.|||I have attempted deleting the save folders and uninstalling / reinstalling the game (as much as is possible through steam) and I am receiving the same results.



Haven't seen anyone else in the Steam forums experiencing the same issues.



I appreciate all the help guys. Any other suggestions I can try out before trying to get a refund?|||you could ask stream to see what happening cause about that i always buy the cd :D

No comments:

Post a Comment