Thursday, April 12, 2012

windows 7 exe error when starting.

[:1]ok so i just bought this game off steam. I installed it and updated, but when the game goes to start I get an "exe has stopped working" error and the game crashes. I've updated my video drivers and turned off all emulation software and virus stuff. I'm using windows 7 with a fairly new pc. anyone else having this issue?|||try ruinnin the games in compatibity mode eg xp see if that works :D|||Same exact problem here.
Nothing works. It launches to a black screen, then "Space Siege executable file has stopped working". That's all I get. Very frustrating.
Please help, GPG! I bought your game, now help me to play it.|||Does it post anything else other than the fact that it has stopped working? Like an error code (look in the Details section)? Try installing and running GPGNet in administrator mode to see if there are any patches available (I don't have the game so I wouldn't know). I installed the demo on a Windows 7 64-bit and it ran without problems.
Also, GPG actually does not handle technical support for its games. At least they didn't with Supreme Commander. All tech support is handled by the publisher, THQ in SupCom1/FA's case, Sega in Space Siege's case, Stardock in Demigod, and Square Enix in the case of SupCom2.

No comments:

Post a Comment