Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Please Insert correct DVD_ROM and press OK to restart applic

[:1]OKay just bought the game despite all negative reviews because I like the genre.



I have installed the demo and played it with no worries, but when I install the retail game and try to run it I get the error message:



Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application



WTF? I have played all other GPG (Dungeon Siege, DS2, Supreme Commander) and this is the only one I have a problem with.



Shame on you GPG for bending to SEGA and their dam copy protection if this is what the problem is.



Please come up with a patch soon that will take care of this, or refund my money!|||Could you provide some information about the version you purchased (was it downloaded or installed from a disc?)



If you have a disc, is it actually in the drive? I know it is, but have to ask.



If downloaded, which service did you use?



Is this an english version, or some other language?



- Servo|||Picked up the game at a local Gamestop..DVD version



And yes the disc is in the drive when I start the game.



Actaully when I insert the disc in the drive the initail menu even pops up on my desk top. I have tried running the game from there, and I have tried running the game from the short cut on my desk top, I have tried running the game from its root folder..nothing works.



and yes it is the english version of the game (and my drive is set to region 1 if that even matters)



The demo worked just fine (that was downloaded)|||Here is some more information pulled from the Sega site that was seen on their previous titles:



Quote:|||I opened a ticket with Sega but you should go over and check their forums. There is a growing list of people who are having the same problem here. With regard to firmware, my computer is about 3 months old and considering the number of people encountering the same issue, I'd be hesitant to believe that this is the issue. The symptoms described above are identical to my situation. On a side note, I saw in their knowledge base they had a similar problem with Iron Man which was resolved by a patch so it isn't beyond the realm of possibility that the copy protection is being overly sensitive.|||I agree..My PC is only 5 months old



Vista 64 bit

Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.40

4 Gigs Ram

GeForce 8500 GT



Drive is an HP lightscribe DVD-RW



Dont think my PC has a problem..I believe it is the crap copy protection that SEGA insists on using|||Someone (NOT SEGA or GPG) has posted some files to download that supposedly fixes the problem. Now, while I won't download these files and do not recommend anyone else to do so, perhaps it can shed some light to the devs on what the problem might be and speed resolution so I direct SEGA/GPG attention to that forum.|||GPG-Servo|||As some have mentioned above, Sega is now tracking this problem, and would like anyone who experiences it to submit to thier tech support for a ticket.

Max@Sega|||Probably a shot in the dark, but based on previous experience (not with any particular company or technology), but have you got anything like Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools on there?



I know certain games/discs seem to object to their ilk, legally or otherwise.|||I'm having the same problems, opened a ticket with sega support.|||Of course, you could just try emulating the disc, or finding a crack online. Piracy ftw.|||I got that error as well when installing the game, no dvd detected. Reinstalled it now im getting an 0xc0000005 error on the spacesiege.exe message when i try to boot the program. My computer drivers are all up to date, its obviosly a programing problem or a problem with your anti piracy software. You people better be whipping your programers into action until they fix this TODAY or i am going to return your game. There is no excuse for a non bootable program being sold as a complete product.|||Just got home and installed the game. On clicking PLAY I'm getting the same message:



Cannot locate the DVD-ROM

Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart the application.



I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and this comes up every single time. I really wish I'd had known about this problem before shelling out $50 bucks for nothing. They better have a patch for this ASAP.|||You might want to pass this on to Sega and any other publisher you work with.



Suggestions to remove legal software in order to run your game are a deal-breaker for me. I will simply buy and play a different game that is published by a company that is less stupid.



I don't mean that as anything offensive, or combative. But I will not remove software that I need just to appease some copy "protection" scheme.|||Ironically, my friend solved this issue by making an image of his DVD, installing Alcohol 120% and then running it off the image.



So what we appear to have here is DRM that actually forces you to use a drive emulator and an image of the DVD. The irony of this situation is killing me.|||I think this belongs here, stumbeled upon it while looking for GPG news:



Max@Sega|||Here is my story, copied from what i wrote on the Sega-Forums yesterday:



Title: Space Siege vs. Kapsersky Internet Security Ver. 7.0



Hi Community,



maybe the problem i discovered helps some other ppl who cannot play the game because of crashes during gamestart or problems with the "insert correct DVD".



I installed the game (SpaceSiege german version) on my brandnew PC system with:



Intel Core2Duo E8400@3GHz

Gigabyte MB

2 GB Ram

MS GF9600GT 1GB Ram

LG DVD-ROM GDRH20N

LG DVD-RAM GH20NS10

WinXP SP2



The following happend to me after installation-process (long but read ahead :) ), i tried to start the game and it instantly crashes with some error-code. So i installed the new SpaceSiege.exe that GPG offers for the Vista32 and incorrect DVD problem. It doesn't help, only the "crash" was different .. because there was no real crash, after double clicking on the spacesiege icon i could hear that now the game tried to read the DVD, but nothing happend and the game didn't start.



After that i installed the game on an older PC system with:



Athlon64 3500+

2GB Ram

MSI GF8600gt 256MB Ram

Toshiba SD-M1712 DVD-Rom

WinXP SP2



I was happy because the game started without problems on this PC, but it wasn't the real solution to me because there is a huge difference how good this PC runs SpaceSiege compared to the newer one.



So i thought:"Ok it's a problem with the DVD-drives of the newer PC vs the copy protection of SpaceS." and so i installed the older Toshiba drive from the older PC into the new PC system. BUT this didn't help, from now i experienced the :"insert correct DVD" Problem ???!!!!



OK so i thought it must be a conflict between some older copy-protection driver of another game that that causes the crashes and is incompatible with the copy protection of SpaceSiege. And so i reformated the harddisk and installed a clean WinXP with service pack and drivers on the new PC. After that i installed SpaceSiege .. and guess what? It started and worked fine.



YES it ran fine to the moment i installed my Anti Virus protection -> Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0. After the installation of the AV program SpaceSiege showed the same error i've got from the first time when i installed the game. So first i disabled the AV protection but it didn't help, after that i configured the AV program that it will not startup with Windows BUT that also didn't help ... only a complete de-installation/removing the Kaspersky Internet Security helped and Space Siege started without problems. I tested this two times .. and i tried to configure the AV program to allow SS all action on the DVD etc. but nothing helped.



BUT now the really strange thing .. when i played SS on my older PC it had the same AV program installed, with the same version and same updates, the same WinXP SP etc. and there were no problems and conflict between KIS 7.0 and SS.



For the moment i 've removed KIS 7.0 from my system, but this solution is very dissatisfying. Maybe what happend to me here helps some of you (or maybe Sega/GPG to fix this) who puzzles about why SS won't run while your AntiVirus protection is disabled etc. maybe you have completely to remove the AV program from you PC system, because it seems this programs install routines deep in the operating system, so that disable or kill the AV process is not enough.



PS. Sorry for my bad english , i'm not a native speaker/writer



Cheers.|||I second that, my space siege was working just fine until I installed KIS 7. Now it wont even start the executable, no black screen, just instant crash city. This crash happened on my heafty XP pro computer and my moderate vista-32 laptop.



It doesnt seem to matter what OS you are running (or that you have daemon tools or alchol 120 installed/running), just that kasperky is installed, not that its even running.



To assist in the debug, I am using a downloaded version from direct2drive. I have downloaded the install files three times already, doing multiple installs. With KIS 7 installed, I cant even get the activation screen to come up anymore. Before KIS 7 was installed, I could activate and play the game without much issue (aside from being a little under recommended hardware on the laptop).



Uninstallation of my firewall and antivirus is not a proper work around. Help?|||Exact same problem with retail version. Downloaded and installed SAGA "fix" as directed (replacing orig exe file) and exact same result. The fix didn't do squat and I can't play the game. Ridiculous!



I was even desperate enough to get hold of alcohol 120 and try that solution but even the mounted image file of the disk produces the exact same error message.



Must be really profitable producing a game that most people can't even run huh? Bet it's selling like hotcakes. Maybe you guys should have stuck with THQ.|||your not missing much. :roll:|||you need to get the patch it will help with installing the game if you are using vista

No comments:

Post a Comment