Monday, April 16, 2012

Animation quality?

Is animation in Space Siege going to be on par with Resident Evil 4(PC)?

I hope you learned your lesson and substandard animation won't ruin Space Siege like it did Supreme Commander..|||Derek|||Supcom wasn't ruined by the animation. Space Siege will probably be better since you don't have hundreds of units running around at once.|||Yes, I thought the same about Hellgate: London and look how that turned out. The quality of animation is the greatest issues in all games.|||Sorry, but no.|||I just remembered that Spore Creature Demo has the best animations, it should be a role model for every game, especially turning around animation. I didn't notice any flaw in Spore Creatures animations. And consider that creatures are not fixed to limited number, that's some achievement.|||Well, they kind of had to be awesome in Spore, since they had to get it to work on any creature that was made. I'm sure a lot more time was put into the animations since the animations are practically half the game...|||Derek|||Check this out!-



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lh6r43p8gQ|||It's standing there bobbing up and down...|||Every creature in spore has the same animations.



And I don't think SupCom's robots are supposed to bob up and down.



Space Siege's animations are quite now, only the alpha trailer had jerkiness.|||I just hope the robot helper will be animated with detail and fluidity. I would buy Space Siege just for that. Remember HK47 from KOTOR? Best character ever.



Anyway it would be nice to have the quality of animation like this-



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSmmKTXmQMM



and Resident Evil 4 as a role model for animating the main character.

Am I too demanding?



P.S.

That link I gave earlier for spore creature was for comedic effect...|||I just finished playing the demo and the impression I got is appalling.

The animation of the main character is very poor, there are practically no transitional animations between various movements and motions.

The controls and perspective are awkward, like Hellgate: London never happened. You have unlimited ammo. No inventory. Same gun effects for different guns.



It's just bad.|||You're even whinier than I am. I don't think you'll be satisfied with any of the games that Gas Powered Games puts out. Why are you even here?|||Derek|||DeadMG|||I found the demo to be highly confusing, didn't explain things very much.



eg. When I picked up my new arm it said I should install it right away but gave no direction as how to do that. So for a few min I was sitting there looking for a way to do it then gave up when there seemed to be no way.



There needs to be more direction to the player in that respect. Since it is a demo, its possible in the game it has already gone through all the introduction things. The game definitely got me intrigued.|||I think Derek is trollin' >.>



You want animations, go watch TV, geeze.



Mike|||Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment