Friday, April 13, 2012

Can't play after install, GPGNet doesn't reinstall (Steam)

[:1]Can't run the game so I tried removing it and reinstalling it and if purchased via Steam the game installs but it doesn't reinstall the GPGNet client only Space Siege game files.



I still can't get the game to run even though the demo ran fine. It loads up the "intruders" loading screen and then I don't see anything but a black screen, I can hear the music though.



I then can only ctrl-alt-del to get out of the game.



:(



This has been the worse experience I've had with installation of a game I've had in many years I've been trying to find answers for more then 12 hours and nothing. :D



If I had a boxed copy I'd have returned it by now, since I purchased it off of steam, I'm SOL.



Guess I won't do that again.|||Best guess based on the information you provided is that the download was corrupted, it sounds like you are missing some files.



I would start with Steam, a good simple check would be comparing your file with the expected download size, but if that doesn't show an obvious difference, you should try downloading it again.



Quite a few people have reported successful playthroughs with the Steam downloads. Note that you will need to obtain your CD key from Steam to join GPGnet if that is your desire.



- Servo

No comments:

Post a Comment