Friday, April 13, 2012

Demo Impressions

[:1]I had a few troubles with the controls, and I had to dig through the readme for a few mechanics of the game.



However, DeadMG likey likey oh so very much. Killing the aliens was much fun.|||Ok I played through it a couple times.. some comments.



1. I like the physics. Shooting the gas canisters and watching them zoom away (the fireworks noises are amusing) was very cool. One thing that I could wish for would be a 'pick up & throw' option - you're this big beefy cybernetic guy, why *wouldn't* you pick up that flaming barrel and throw it at the feet of the enemy??





2. I hate fake 'hurry up it's gonna blow!' type scenes :P. I think I collected 1000+ resource thingies just by hanging around on that last section of the demo. Not that it did much good, but really, if they say they're doing it NOW, then it should start happening hmm?|||Pawz|||O RLY?|||I think that it's not bad, but it's nothing special either. Frankly, it plays exactly like Diablo in space. I'm kind of disappointed that Gas Powered Games didn't expend more effort on the game. Not that I was misled by the trailers to believe that it would be more. All in all, I would buy it if it were twenty dollars, but I would never pay fifty for this.|||Insanity-O_o|||1) I'm going to get tired of hearing him say "in the late 22nd century..." in the menu. Music and neat video instead please! :)



2) Holding down the right mouse button all day would get tiring. Can't they make it so he keeps attacking the last thing you tell him to attack?



3) The camera controls didn't feel right. Maybe the freedom to pan a little would help (you wouldn't have to be able to go too far, just a little).



It seems ok so far but I'm not sure.|||Just played it, and I dunno, it just didn't feel fun, spent too much time fiddling with the camera and moving the mouse all over the place to move and attack...



I think I'll just wait it out for Demigod...



Mike|||I've just finished playing the demo (twice)



I gotta say, my first impression is that the demo is quite short, compared to the DS2 demo which was a lot longer...

Anyway, the game seems fun and I like the physics part and killing aliens using barrels.

The fixed camera seems a bit odd to me, considering that the siege series always had a free camera. Maybe it would be a good idea to make the fixed camera an ON/OFF option so that we can also have a free camera if we choose (patch it in if there's not enough time to do it before release). The camera controls take a little time to get used to, but it's that big of an issue.

The main menu movie should be without narration as it gets rather annoying s(as someone else mentioned) or changed with a simple trailer (like supcom had).



Bottom line is that the overall impression is positive and I will probably buy it since the month of august doesn't seem to offer anything else exciting for me (except going back to EVE or Stalker: Clear Sky ).

Also, I'd like to know more about the GPGNet overhaul that was promised with the release of SS|||Way way way WAY too short. You didn't even get to the skill points. There's not even time to get your bearings in the game and then it's all over.|||oh...

why me?

first dissapearing posts, then incorrect read/unread markers, now entire threads! phpbb2 must hate me... :P|||Space Siege feels like a retarded version of Hellgate: London which has better graphics, better animation(I never thought I would say that), better character/camera perspective, better control scheme, vastly more variety of weapons, armor and upgrades and so on.



There is really no reason to have Space Siege if it's going to be so retarded.|||It was disorienting at first, and it wasn't clear where exactly I was supposed to go at first, but once I got the hang of it, I couldn't stop. I'm buying.|||Gnats3|||Pawz|||Derek|||Not to mention awkward underwhelming substandard animation of your main character. I see now that even mentioning the level of animation in Resident Evil 4 was a wild expectation for Space Siege.



But really, when you come from excellent camera perspective and character control of Hellgate: London, Space Siege seems silly, to say the least.



Every single element you can think of is better in Hellgate: London, and that is saying a lot, since I was so critical about HGL I was actually banned on their official forum.|||Now see, I didn't much notice bad animation on the main character.



But I didn't like the animation when the aliens run at all. Just didn't look right to me.





Derek|||brent_w|||My main impression was "meh."



It was easy as hell. Exploding barrels everywhere didn't help matters. There were only a couple different types of enemy. Extremely short.



I thought one of the story points of the game was the "moral dilemma" between retaining your humanity and getting implants to help fight. Well, a simple "humanity meter" didn't really do much to convey this, and I had no qualms whatsoever about using the cybernetic upgrades.|||I extremely doubt they would let you lose 30% of your humanity in the first 5 minutes in the real game, and it is also the first level so I'm not surprised that it is easy.



It was on the border between "meh" and "good" though.|||The mouse cursor needs to be resizable!!!|||brent_w|||I was expecting for Space Siege to be like this-

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37897.html|||Derek

No comments:

Post a Comment