Friday, April 13, 2012

Demo thoughts

[:1]First of all.. I loved the demo and

will be picking this one up. :D



Second.. please let us remap control keys.

also.. the game runs great on my AthlonX2 6000

but the main character animation is choppy when

running or turning... It's like he is "flickering" on and

off and is VERY annoying.



geforce 8800GT with latest drivers

X-FI gamer sound card.



Anyone know what the expected length of this game

will B?



Thanks,

PG|||pilgrimg|||Derek|||DeadMG|||DeadMG's right; I agree with Derek that the animations tend to suck in Gas Powered Games games (is "Gas Powered Games games" redundant?), but since he insists that the not-so-hot animations "ruin" the games, it does seem quite pointless for him to be here. If he doesn't enjoy the games, I can only assume that he is here to troll. I mean, I don't like the Starcraft series, but I don't hang around their boards telling them why I don't like it.|||Yeah, he has told us a million times, he can't look past animations and play games for the gameplay. He hasn't offered any constructive criticism either - just "it sucks" with some latin references thrown in.



If you are just going to keep acting this way, just leave :/|||Pretty much all of his 24 posts are complaints|||No control remapping?



Whoa. That's like, an early 80s technology shortcoming. It was bad in Supcom, but for a 3rd person shooter / hack & slay like this, control remapping is a MUST HAVE.



What were they thinking?! :shock:|||maybe its just not there because you know, its a demo *hopes*|||meh, wasnt great, wasnt bad, dont think ill be buying it, not my style of game. 3rd person shooters were bad enough this has taken it to another level.



I honestly thought it was going to be a fps|||Hostile much?



To be honest, the animations bugged me, but I'm still unsure whether it's the game or my system. The thing is, if it bugs me for a 20 minute demo, it's going to annoy me in a, hopefully, many-houred game.



Games are not meant to annoy you. It's all well and good saying it's about the gameplay, but if the representation of one's actions are not up to par, it's jarring and breaks immersion.|||meh, honisty can sometimes be a little harsh. I'm not a fan of 3rd person shooters, I can get by with it in games like Mass Effect where its trying to be a first person while still showing you the character but this is a much more distant 3rd person and not my style of game.



It wasnt bad but graphics, controls, and 3rd person are not my cup of tea|||Gnats3|||The Anonymous Mr P|||Derek|||Gnats3|||Disclaimer: I in no way align my own opinion with the opinion of Derek. There's a hell of a lot of difference between the 'backbone of a game' and 'rather important'.



[quote=smith]meh, honisty can sometimes be a little harsh. I'm not a fan of 3rd person shooters, I can get by with it in games like Mass Effect where its trying to be a first person while still showing you the character but this is a much more distant 3rd person and not my style of game.



It wasnt bad but graphics, controls, and 3rd person are not my cup of tea[/quote].



For the record, I didn't actually mean you when I commented on hostility - there seems to be more than enough of it going around for everyone to 'enjoy'.|||yeah, when I reread my post I was wondering what was harsh about it :roll:|||Derek|||Animations are not "the" key element. They need to be decent to, as Mr P said, prevent immersion from being broken, but once they reach a certain point, any improvements just make it look prettier with very little effect on how good the game is.|||Actually, I once played a game that was still in development and had no animations at all, but other elements were sufficient to provide immersion in spite of the lack. Visual elements are not always necessary for immersion (text games can demonstrate this nicely). However, I will concede that they often are, and will always improve any game.|||The main thing that bothered me graphics-wise was the lack of anti-aliasing. I've seen instant turning in enough games already that it no longer bothers me, but the aliasing was kind of annoying. Hopefully the real thing would have AA though.|||Derek|||pilgrimg|||Wait does Derek think Hellgate London did something good?

No comments:

Post a Comment