Friday, April 13, 2012

Space Siege thoughts and feedback

[:1]Hi all,



Just thought to give the community some thoughts and feedback to the Space Siege Demo. After completing the demo, I felt that Space Siege was a simple, no nonsense, action packed and fluid arcade game. It reminded me back to the days of PowerStone on the DreamCast... which brought back some really fond memories.



Some feedback:

Environment: The artistic style of Space Siege felt a little sterile. Albiet the demo was entirely in a spaceship, comparing Space Siege to similar space ship bound games like the beauty of Mass Effect or the inside of the rusty Hyperion Battlecruiser in Starcraft 2, it's definitely lacking in some life. But to be blunt, the game does lack a tad bit of creativity.



Effects: Explosions and physics in this game are well done, very fluid and the blood splatters are very fun to see as well. However, they do feel a little flat and probably do well with a little bit of boosting in depth. Watching hordes of enemies die with massive blood splatters is pretty cool to see to say the least.



Character Development: It may be just the demo's fault, but I didn't feel much character development or none at all in this game. It was a very point and shoot and finish objective game rather than learn about the storyline. Again, demo doesn't reflect much on the story or character so I'll let it slide.



RPG-ness: Space Siege is definitely an addicting game. I started playing and didn't stop until the demo told me it was over. Simple character inventory and weapon selection really helps boost the fun factor of the game. However, it does detract from the depth.



All in all the demo was a good showing of the general gameplay, but could've been a better tool at introducing some of the major characters or storyline to really hook people in.



Space Siege is a pretty fun time waster, and that may be its greatest success or biggest failure. Depending on how GPG (or Sega) wants to market this game, Space Siege could become a huge arcade hit, or a quick seller for people looking for some quick simple saturday afternoon games. Either way I hope GPG makes enough money off Space Siege to fully fund their Demigod to fruition.|||We already have 6 topic like this, read before posting!!|||Says you, who posts inane trolling **** every 5 posts. There is not a thread for his, personal, thoughts.|||Hey DeadMG, how's it going? Long time no talk.



Derek, I'm sure you've read all 6 topics and spent countless hours giving your own opinions in those topics. At the moment, the Space Siege community is pretty non-existent and the only real discussion here is the demo. Telling people not to post their own original opinions about the demo and having them tag along with aging conversations doesn't exactly add new content to the forum.



I had just played the demo and wanted to voice my opinion. Reading other people's opinion wouldn't give me much of an objective view now would it? In your logic, lets move it further? Why read game reviews at all? Why bother listening to more than one person's opinion of the game? There's obviously 6 or more reviews on the game already, there doesn't need to be another. Isn't that right?



As for everyone else, I would like to hear more people's opinions on the demo on this forum, since it doesn't seem to have much traffic. I want to hear what everyone thinks about this game. Then we could maybe create a community out of this.|||I agree with most of what you've said :o





The environment was pretty boring but it is just the first level; hopefully the different parts of the ship are different enough to keep it fresh.



Agreed on the effects; they are pretty good but not perfect.



I think the character development issue was because it was just a demo, and only had a modified version of the first level of the game. In a preview I read, that level only gives you one implant - the eye - instead of the two major ones in the demo, so it is probably a lot better in the full game.



Yeah, it was actually pretty addicting while I was playing it. I don't know how long that would last, but at least the demo wasn't too boring.



Basically the demo was weak but the game seems like it could be pretty good :).|||yeknaw|||Ah, love on first sight! :D|||As I've said in other posts I really enjoyed the demo :). It left me wishing that there was more of the game to play.



With regards to the controls, I found upping the mouse sensitivity helped a lot. I must admit I didn't even attempt to strafe, I just hit the health pack key and returned fire.|||Heh heh, if only you guys were around when yeknaw was spelt the other way round.|||Raventiger|||yeknaw|||Gnats3|||who now? /BulletMagnet is having a joke at the young forum members expense.|||yeknaw|||DeadMG|||Wankey's back?! :D



God you were awesome back then. That was a long time ago, though. Are you still awesome?|||Mooilo|||Ah, Wankey.



Good to have you back.|||Will RolyatC post now?|||Probably. My Chris Taylor call down spell is nearly recharged. With the return of Yeknaw, so shall return RolyatC.



I'll call him down for a chat soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment