Friday, April 13, 2012

Creating Models for Space Siege and modding weapons.

[:1]So I know Space Siege is rather fresh and as such, has no modding resource so far.



However, since the retail game isn't out yet in Europe, and I have it on Pre-order, actually, I'm forced to wait 5 more days until it comes out here in europe.



That hasn't kept me from opening the res tanks of SS and poking around, and what I want to know is, how would I create a model to fit into the engine/tanks of Space siege? what if I wanted to exchange the assault rifle with an other model?



Because frankly, I -love- the demo but I'd really want to change that uninspired cartboard rifle. I keep thinking it's made out of a solid hunk of metal to bash stuff with, and would if space siege had a rifle butt command XD



Any information or direction would be helpful. I plan on installing DS2 on my comp and trying the mod tools, but do you think this would work?



Thanks for any help,

Let's try to set up a modding community for SS?



NeoNizer (future gamertag for GPGnet and online SS)|||Here is some info on the model format.



http://www.spacesiege.net/index.php?nam ... opic&p=7#7|||Thank you mate. I already responded on the sega forums, but like I said, we need to find some way to encode the models into GR2 format. I would be looking into the expotron thingie from obsidian, but not sure if it's the best way to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment