Friday, April 13, 2012

A thing about the Controls

[:1]Hi everybody,



I noticed something in the Space Siege Demo that already annoyed me in Dungeon Siege:



I constantly want to move the chracter with WASD (left hand on the keyboard) and shoot using the right hand on the mouse, but it just doesn't work.



Because of that, there are many situations where I have to move AND fire with the right hand and have trouble managing both at the same time while the left hand does nothing but press H from time to time.



It would be really nice to have an option to move Seth with WASD.



Thanks for everybody's consideration ;)|||I thought the same thing, but I think that it's too late for this.|||The control scheme of Space Siege is totally suck. What we really need is WASD, and camera for looking around, like every other reasonable game in the Gameverse.



Did someone edit my post and say that it was awesome? :O|||...at least they should improve dodging anyhow, that already would help a lot.





Remind that the game will be released in 1-2 weeks, so this game is surely done for GPG.



Do you really think they waste any minds on implementing WASD afterwards with a patch? …and although they already skipped a female protagonist for commercial reasons!?

It's a legitmate wish but i just can’t imagine that… :(



There only will be support for serious game (stopping) bugs and maybe they add some other easily realizable workarounds too, but then all the remaining developers get fired or move to Demigod.|||I personally hate the click move|||PLEASE yes. It would make this game so much better.



The lack of movement keys has seriously got me wondering if I want to buy SSiege or not -- and I'm a huge GPG fanboy.



The game just doesn't feel right having to click to move.|||They should have let me play the Beta.



How could they fail to notice that click move just doesn't fit this game?|||So.. who was the one thinking that a 8 year old control sheme is fit for the year 2008?





We had tht in diablo and diablo 2 and we had it in dozens of clones and it was an annoyance in each of them.







Read this carefully: The moment you make a game about a guy using a gun to shoot things, make it a wasd shooter'esque controlsheme because i simply can't stand being a fckn turret.|||All has been said, click-move is not the proper choice for shooting action.

Let's hope it can be modded into the game,

without invalidating savegames.

I remember the horror dungeon siege was in that regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment